www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photos of ME. Make your own badge here.

age 0 months age 1 months age 2 months age 3 months age 4 months age 5 months age 6 months age 7 months age 8 months age 9 months age 10 months age 11 months age 1 year age 1.01 year age 1.02 year age 1.03 year age 1.04 year age 1.05 year age 1.06 year age 1.07 year age 1.08 year age 1.09 year age 1.10 year age 1.11 year age 2.00 year

These are the memoirs on the life of Ilya Firzana. The third child of Mohd Arzanjani and Dzahirah.

  • PapaIlya
  • MakLongSha
  • Auntie Lea
  • Auntie Asz
  • Cik Jannah
  • Cik Minah
  • Singapore Blogging Mummies
  • KakIzza
  • AbgAmir
    Bambinos
  • Alya
  • Fynna
  • Ajab
  • Nunu
  • Aisyah
  • Nabilah
  • Elisya
  • Tata
  • Aniq
  • Haney
  • NaWa
  • Naufal
  • Nuha
  • Rahmat
  • MamaIrah
  • MakTeh
  • Aunty Qin
  • Fynna
  • Alya
  • Nabilah
  • Ajab
  • Auntie Lea
  • Cik Noorin
  • AVON Products
  • Home-Aide Products
 

21 October 2006

Strong and Silent

My parents are very exasperated with me. Why you asked? Well, for the umpteen times, I had clammed up whenever there is a social gathering. I would stop babbling, not even making the slightest whimper.

At home, I am quite a chatterbox, you see. I could easily repeat simple words that are thrown to me. I would babble and chatter with anyone and everyone. I would even start humming/singing something that is stuck in my head for any length of time. At other times, my parents and siblings would entertain me by replying back whatever gibberish words that I say to them and we communicated ... well, sort of anyways … hihihihi.

But, the few times that we had social gatherings like iftar with family or with papa's and mama's friends, I would inevitably keep quiet. No noise, not a word coming out from my mouth. This has led people to believe that I'm the strong and silent type ... hihihihi ... now that's a laugh. Some has also brought their worries to my parents that I should, like be "talking" now, or at least babble for that instance. And my parents would profusely state that I'm quite the chatterbox but just cannot prove it. Hahahaha.

Oh well, what can I say, for all those times … I wasn’t in the chatty mood... hihihi ….

Comments on "Strong and Silent"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (22/10/06 1:04 AM) : 

Ilya, lots of well-meaning people would say things like "oh, you should be talking right now." or "oh, you should be doing your PhDs now."

Why can't they see that sometimes, we don't want to talk, because we just don't feel like it, right?

And they like to compare us to other babies hor? Tsk, these adults ... humphh!!

 

Blogger ... said ... (23/10/06 7:56 PM) : 

I second your second sentence... hihihi

 

post a comment

I have here a little tag button BabyIlya that you can use to link my blog to yours. The code used is below.