www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photos of ME. Make your own badge here.

age 0 months age 1 months age 2 months age 3 months age 4 months age 5 months age 6 months age 7 months age 8 months age 9 months age 10 months age 11 months age 1 year age 1.01 year age 1.02 year age 1.03 year age 1.04 year age 1.05 year age 1.06 year age 1.07 year age 1.08 year age 1.09 year age 1.10 year age 1.11 year age 2.00 year

These are the memoirs on the life of Ilya Firzana. The third child of Mohd Arzanjani and Dzahirah.

  • PapaIlya
  • MakLongSha
  • Auntie Lea
  • Auntie Asz
  • Cik Jannah
  • Cik Minah
  • Singapore Blogging Mummies
  • KakIzza
  • AbgAmir
    Bambinos
  • Alya
  • Fynna
  • Ajab
  • Nunu
  • Aisyah
  • Nabilah
  • Elisya
  • Tata
  • Aniq
  • Haney
  • NaWa
  • Naufal
  • Nuha
  • Rahmat
  • MamaIrah
  • MakTeh
  • Aunty Qin
  • Fynna
  • Alya
  • Nabilah
  • Ajab
  • Auntie Lea
  • Cik Noorin
  • AVON Products
  • Home-Aide Products
 

02 February 2006

Mean Parents

Help! My blog has been hijacked by papa. He insisted that I put this article as an entry in MY blog. I told him if the article has moral implications in it, I will not put it in. It would be immoral of me to preach to you readers, right?

But papa warned me that my blogging days will be over if I don’t accede to his demands. Humphhhh …. What a mean parent, he is.

So with extreme reluctance, I will post this article. And because it is too long to read on one sitting, it will be broken up into 2 parts… ratssss, I mean “so sorry”… hihihihihi.

What mean parents do?

Someday when our children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a parent, we will tell them, as my Mean Parents told me:

  • We loved you enough to ask where you were going, with whom, and what time you would be home.
  • We loved you enough to be silent and let you discover that your new best friend was a creep.
  • We loved you enough to make you go pay for the candies you had taken and to tell the clerk, "I stole this yesterday and want to pay for it."
  • We loved you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your room, a job that should have taken 15 minutes.
  • We loved you enough to let you see anger, disappointment, and tears in our eyes. Children must learn that their parents aren't perfect.
  • We loved you enough to let you assume the responsibility for your actions even when the penalties were so harsh they almost broke our hearts.
  • But most of all, we loved you enough . . . to say NO when we knew you would hate us for it.
Those were the most difficult battles of all. We're glad we won them, because in the end you won, too. And someday when your children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates us parents, you will tell them what drives us on.

Ackkkk! I think I want to gag myself. And to think there’s a second part to this article. Ackkkk! More gagging. But what do you readers think? Do you want to be a mean parent?

Comments on "Mean Parents"

 

Blogger sharinna said ... (2/2/06 10:00 AM) : 

I will let Along be the mean parent, while MaklongSha will take the backseat(relek).
Nah, i think i'll be the mean parent. But in a total different meaning. Hahahahaha....

 

Blogger sharinna said ... (2/2/06 10:07 AM) : 

Oh, and how do i change the rest of my links like yours? Kasi leh the html?

 

Blogger ... said ... (2/2/06 12:10 PM) : 

MakLongSha, try this button maker
http://www.lucazappa.com/brilliantMaker/buttonImage.php

Happy creating....:)

 

Blogger Lea Liana said ... (3/2/06 3:38 PM) : 

baby ilya, aunty lea trully enjoys reading yr entries on the baby's view of the world ahh..
i linky-winky with u k... :)

 

Blogger ... said ... (3/2/06 5:33 PM) : 

Hai, aunty lea, thanks for reading my entries. I'll link with u 2 :D

 

post a comment

I have here a little tag button BabyIlya that you can use to link my blog to yours. The code used is below.